Monday, July 29, 2013

One-Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta

Last week I made the best pasta I think I've ever made. About once a month or so, I try a new recipe that I find on Pinterest. Here was the newest one I tried, and my edits to the original recipe...


Creamy Garlic Pasta
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
¼  tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

3 cups chicken stock
½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta 
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup heavy cream I would only use 1/2 cup, as I found 3/4 made the sauce feel more like a soup broth than an alfredo consistency
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley I edited mine to use basil, as I completely forgot parsley when I went shopping. I didn't measure, just sprinkled it into the pot



In a pot, bring the olive oil to low heat. I originally had mine at medium, and the garlic burned very quickly and I had to start over. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil. I found that it took a really long time for it to boil. But don't worry, it will!


Once it is at a roiling boil, add the past and cook for as long as you normally would cook your pasta. Reduce the stove to medium heat an mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Mix this in a little at a time. Doing it in one big clump will make it melt together and come out in big chunks. The original recipe says to turn off the heat at this point and stir in the cream and parsley. My suggestion would be to allow the cream to cook a little bit, only about 2-3 minutes. The consistency of the cream when I followed the recipe was more like soup. Serve immediately.



 You can see that it looks a bit soup-y. I would either drain some of the cream or let it cook for a little bit before serving.

We had ours with margaritas, but I would recommend a sweet white wine.


This was absolutely fantastic! I loved the sauce (just make sure you brush your teeth before you start making out during the movie you pop in after you eat). I would make the sauce again, but make it with mussles and toasted baguettes! So delicious. Do you have a Pinterest recipe I should try? 

Thanks for reading!