Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Summer Makeup Routine

During the summer I definitely wear less makeup than I do throughout the rest of the year. Here is what I've been reaching for on a daily basis:





CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in 205: I use this under my eyes to conceal those beautiful purple bags that I get from lack of sleep. I also use this occasionally as a concealer. It's not the best under eye concealer, so I'm trying to use it up so I can justify going out and purchasing something new. Any suggestions?

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent: I set my concealer with this. It also helps blend everything together and give me a good base for my blush. This is my favorite setting powder. I use this the same way during the winter. It definitely helps keep my foundation stay matte and decrease the amount of shine I would get throughout the day without using it.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Amused: This is a great pink blush. The formula is super pigmented... to the point where I use a stippling brush to apply it. You definitely don't need a heavy hand with it; hence why it looks like I've hardly used it at all. Do you have any other Tarte blushes you would recommend?

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original and Eyeshadow in Virgin: I love this eyeshadow primer. It helps keep my eyeshadow in place and helps them transfer from the pan to my lids with their true colors. This is by far my most used and loved eyeshadow. During the summer I sweep this across my lids and brow bone to add a little shimmer.

Inglot Matte Eyeliner Gel in 77: I picked this up from the Inglot store in Times Square in February. It's a nice deep black and is super creamy to the point of not really being able to be called a gel. I apply this with their eyeliner brush which I absolutely love. I do like the cream formula, but I'm starting to think that gel is more my speed... less of a chance to mess up with a gel formula.

Maybelline Full 'n Soft Waterproof Mascara in Very Black: I have been using this mascara for as long as I can remember. My mom used it when I first started wearing makeup, and it's just kinda stuck! I've tried branching out and find others that I like, but I just keep coming back!

Thanks for reading!