Monday, September 9, 2013

My Bad Hair Cut Saving Products

A few months ago I went from having very long hair to very short hair (for me anyways). It was one of those situations where I went into the salon with one idea and came out with nothing close to what I wanted. Having gotten over the fact that I kinda hate my hair cut, I've found a few products that have been live savers, or "bad-hair-cut-savers". With the cut that I currently have, my hair goes flat and lifeless if I don't treat it. And this isn't necessarily the most flattering thing either. So while I was trying to play around with my hair and figure out how to not hate it, I revisited two products that I had previously pushed aside. They weren't doing much for my long hair, but for my short hair? They're ah-mazing!

Left - Bumble & Bumble Styling Cream
Right - Redken Root Lifting Spray

1. I start by towel drying my hair when I get out of the shower, brush it and then let it air dry while I put on my makeup. 

2. Next, I take a small amount (below) of Bumble & Bumble Styling Cream, flip my head over and run it through my hair. I find that this adds a ton of texture and helps my hair from falling flat.


3. I part my hair like I would wear it normally and spray the Redken Root Lifting Spray on that part, and then I make a few more parts on either side of the original and spray each of those, as well as a little at the crown. I love this for making the volume that I have at my roots stay throughout the day. You know when you blow dry your hair with no products and it looks awesome for the first 10 minutes? This helps it stay like that all day... no joke!

4. Rub everything together...

5. Flip hair over toilet (to collect all those pieces that would otherwise end up on the floor) and blow dry.

TaDa!



That's it! It usually only takes about 5 minutes all together, and is probably the shortest part of my morning routine! These products have been so helpful in helping me get over my bad hair cut!

Thanks for reading!