Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lifestyle: TED

Hey there! Sorry for the late post today, but I have been completely preoccupied this week by an amazing find... TED. TED is a conference where you can hear people speak about technology, entertainment, design and a host of other topics. And I'm completely fascinated. I stumbled upon their website a few years ago and really enjoyed watching some of the talks, but have lately become obsessed. I am always looking at ways to improve what I'm doing and for new ways to rethink what I'm doing. Watching some of these videos I have found myself starting to think new ways, changing the ways that I've been doing things, and learning to correct way to tie my shoes (trust me, we've all been doing it wrong). For the past 3 days all I have been doing is going through their archive of talks and lectures that I figured I needed to share. Here are some of my favorites:

1. This is definitely worth watching. You'll learn nothing, if else how to tie your shoe correctly.


2. As someone with a horrible memory, this really made me stop and think.


3. This is probably my favorite talk so far. He is brilliant and absolutely hilarious. I have watched this at least 4 times.


4. As someone in the corporate world, this was super helpful. I had watched this years back, but it was great to revisit it and take mental note of how my body language is perceived by others.


5. Malcolm Gladwell is one of my favorite authors to date. Who knew that spaghetti sauce could be so interesting, but also teach us about how we treat others.



I know this post is a bit out of the norm of what I would normally do, but this is something I find completely interesting. A lot of my favorites are about professionalism and how we can improve the way we interact with people, but their video archive has something for everyone. I highly suggest taking a look and finding something that resonates with you... because you will find something.

Thanks for reading!