Monday, December 2, 2013

Natalie's Christmas List

Along with most of the US, I am slowly being forced out of my food coma thanks to Monday morning. Just a thought... we should have the Monday after Thanksgiving off. I mean with more food than I eat in a week being consumed within a good 3 days, I feel like I'm entitled to stay in my jammies, watch old Christmas movies, decorate my Christmas tree, and pretty much do absolutely nothing but copious amounts of online shopping. Let's take a vote shall we? All those in favor say, "I". "I, I am, I am". 

My Thanksgiving was fabulous. I loved spending time with family that I haven't seen in about a year and the food was nothing short of fantastic. One of the Thanksgiving traditions in my family revolves around the Christmas lists of the children. After dinner and the dishes are washed, the ladies of the family sit down at the kitchen table, go through the sale ads for Black Friday and go over the Christmas lists for all of the kids. They divvy up the lists and plan their shopping if they decide to go out the next morning. So, I thought I would share with you my Christmas list this year.

As my birthday and Christmas fall closer than close can get, I have an eclectic list. This year it's a bit more random than in the past, but I love all of these things. 

source
How awesome is this smartphone wallet? I mean perfect for mid-day Starbucks runs, or a girls night out so I don't have to drag around a purse. Love this Deep Blue shade, and the website in general is awesome! There are a ton of great gift ideas for everyone on your list.
source
There's nothing I love more than starting off the new year with a new planner. And I absolutely love this Deep Pink color. While I use my phone and computer calendar on a regular basis, I still really enjoy writing down my appointments and meetings. During college I used this planner, but now that I have fewer daily tasks and assignments, I like the monthly view, rather than a weekly view. 
source
I love the Mophie juice pack plus. The ability to have an extra 120% battery backup is a lifesaver. This is perfect for weekends away, conferences and travel (which I will have a lot more of this year). This particular one comes in red, white and black for iPhone 5 and 5s. And, it's on sale right now! Boyah!
source
I love the idea of products that help me get a better night sleep. I am very much a night owl, and have pretty bad insomnia. I take melatonin on a regular basis, but something like this sounds right up my alley. This little gift duo would be the perfect way for me to try out both products before deciding on whether or not I want the purchase the full sizes. I've heard tons of rave reviews of these, so I'm excited to give them a try.
source
Do you hear angles singing? Because I certainly do! This travel set from Cuyana is just what the doctor ordered. I love my beauty products, and keeping them in something that is just as pretty as I am when I'm done applying those products is a winner in my book! The cobalt color is my favorite, but I love the turquoise and black options as well. And, it can be monogrammed. A bit awesome, right? The cobalt and turquoise options are currently sold out, so I'm hoping that they restock before Christmas.  But, they have loads of beautiful colors!
source
I have been on the hunt for a cognac bag for about a year. I  found one from Zara but waited too long and it was sold out. And of course there is always the Tory Burch option, or the Prada. But this is a great, lower cost alternative. And, with the commute that I do, I love the shoulder strap. I don't think I could ever own a bag that doesn't have a shoulder strap... especially in the winter. And this scalloped detailing is just beautiful!
source
Love this Paula Bianco infinity scarf.  This just screams cozy. I feel like I should be walking down Michigan Ave. with a pumpkin spice latte, shopping bags and my man on my arm while wearing this.

source
I've talked about these boots before. I am still in love! I tried finding a less expensive alternative, but Santa, I've been good this year. I've worked hard, I've played nice. I pet the puppies and cleaned dishes. I did the laundry and ran the errands. I bit my tongue and gave praise when I should have. Oh, Santa... please?!
source
Love this cashmere beanie. There are tons of colors, but I like the ivory and grey the most. 
source
Every year I ask for a new pair of pajamas from Victoria's Secret. In the past I've always asked for a pair of flannels and this year I decided to switch it up. I always ask for a size larger than what I wear in clothes, since you want them to be super comfy and you want to be able to move around in them unrestricted when you're sleeping.

source
I have to give a huge thanks to R29 for introducing me to Of Mercer. Their clothes are just awesome for professional environments. I am loving this Madison Dress. The silhouette of this is gorgeous. I would take one in both cobalt and black. This would be such a stable in my wardrobe!
source
I love a good statement necklace as much as the next person. But sometimes all you need is something dainty. This hits the nail on the head for me. I'm trying to branch out, as I typically wear a lot of silver and this is the perfect way for me to incorporate some more gold into my wardrobe. 
source
Keeping with the gold trend, this necklace is perfect. I would love to layer this with the necklace above. This would make a great gift for anyone. It's customizable in a few different ways (font, black filled or not). This has my name written all over it... see what I did there? I'm pretty clever!
source
I was devastated when Coach discontinued my all time favorite perfume, "Legacy". I used to be able to pick it up at Ulta, and now I have to order it through Amazon or Ebay. Either way, I think a person's favorite perfume is always a good gift. I know this is my go-to for the men in my life... their cologne I mean... not my perfume. Although I'm sure it would make those other girls jealous!! 
source
I love me some Malcolm Gladwell. Whether it's his TED Talks, or his books, I'm a bit obsessed. I greatly enjoyed Blink and I can't wait to read more of his books. Here's an excerpt from B&N's synopsis: "In the tradition of Gladwell's previous bestsellers-- The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers and What the Dog saw-- -David and Goliath draws upon history, psychology, and powerful storytelling to reshape the way we think of the world around us."
source
I wish I lived in the UK. I mean, like I constantly say I was born in the wrong country. And that feeling grew even stronger when I was introduced to Downton Abbey. I. Am. Obsessed. I also believe I was born in the wrong era. This is pure TV perfection. If you have anyone who is a huge lover of Jane Austen or The Great Gatsby, I highly recommend slipping the first 3 seasons into their stocking. I just can't get enough. And I can't wait for season 4 to air in the US!

source
Oh, Gatsby. I loved the book. The version with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow was alright, but I feel absolutely in love with the 2013 version. I'm not a massive DeCaprio fan, so I didn't see it for the actors... more because I just love the story. And this one did not disappoint!
source
Gahhh!!! I love Game of Thrones probably more than anyone should. This is what gets me through the week. When it's airing I would walk into the office on Monday mornings and sit with my coworkers for an hour talking about this. I've had entire dinner and drink conversations around this show. That's how addictive it is. I'm not usually one for fantasy worlds, but this is fantastic! I mean who didn't cry after the "Red Wedding"? My coworkers and I couldn't even talk about it the next day... we were too shocked/speechless! The first 3 seasons are available on Amazon for a decent price.


What's on your list this year? Anything I missed that I should check out?

Thanks for reading!