Friday, April 25, 2014

May & June Book Club: The Goldfinch

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but this beautiful spring weather has me in the best mood!

Earlier this week I posted a picture on Instagran (follow me: @nataliehinman) of a book I picked up for my train ride home. Turns out, Katie just started reading the same book ... And that's when the brilliant idea of a Girls & City Book Club was born.

The May & June selection is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, and I'm excited to start reading it.


Here's how it works: We will read one book every month or two, depending on length. Since this month's selection is rather long, we will read this until the end of June. At the end of June we will host an online discussion of the book, here on Girls & City. If you have already read it, please feel free to join in (just don't start yet ... we don't want any spoilers).

We will announce the following book selection a few days before the start of the month so that you have time to either buy, download or check-out from the library. (I have a soft spot for local bookstores!)

So... Ready? Set? Read!

Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!