Monday, April 28, 2014

My Weekend Wrapup ... in food ...

As I sit here and write this on Monday morning, I am still in a bit of a food coma. This weekend the boy and I decided we were going to play it low key and have a night in with some chicken and a Breaking-Bad-season-5-athon. We followed that up the next morning with an amazing Sunday brunch and a trip to my favorite bakery near my house in Lincoln Park. It sounds like a lot, I know. This week I will resume my summer running schedule — for sure.

Here's a round-up of what/where we ate. All great Chicago spots. If you live here, try them out!

Leghorn Chicken
Located on the corner of Augusta and Western in the East Village.
As a self-proclaimed connoisseur of fried chicken, I loveddd this place. GREAT sandwiches!

Leghorn Chicken's sandwich on a housemade bun with honey dijon mustard


The Winchester
Located on the corner of Winchester and Augusta in the East Village.
Recently named one of the best new restaurants in the city by Chicago Magazine, this cute and cozy cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The lemon/granola/blueberry waffles I had was ah-mazing.

The Winchester's waffle with lemon, granola and blueberries.

The guy's breakfast quiche with homemade potatoes.

Vanielle P√Ętisserie
Located on Clark in Lincoln Park
This new bakery is one of my fav spots around my house. They have hands-down the best macaroons in amazing flavors like lavender, rose and coconut.

Vanille's lavender, strawberry, coffee and coconut macaroons.

XOXO,
KATIE