Friday, April 11, 2014

Sephora Sale Purchases

Good morning and happy Friday! I don't know about you guys, but I'm so glad this week is almost over... Only 8.5 hrs left. But whose counting?!

It's been one hell of a week. We had a big meeting last weekend that was extremely stressful. And, someone that I work with has gone missing and there are no signs of her anywhere. Her family has hired a private detective and my office has been bombarded with calls from other organizations and other people that she worked with. It's terribly depressing to hear about it on the news, but you never expect it to happen to someone that you know. I found out on Sunday afternoon, and that just kind of set the tone for the week, and explains why I didn't post on Monday. 

A highlight from the week was the Sephora Beauty Insider sale. I let my mom know that it was going on this week (ended yesterday), so we met there last night and spent a full 2 hours playing around. It was great to not only spend time with her, but also indulge in one of my favorite vices... I'm a recovering makeup addict btw. 

So we played and searched and had a grand old time. We both walked away extremely happy!


There were a few things I was waiting to buy or stock up on, and finally did!

Can we talk about this Marc Jacobs nail polish in Blue Velvet? I mean how beautiful is that blue! I've been in love with this color since it came out and could finally justify the splurge with the sale. It reminds me of OPI's Yoga-ta Get this Blue!, but I haven't had a chance to look at them side-by-side.

Speaking of splurging because of a sale, the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment was definitely one of those. Now, I do think it's a bit ridiculous to spend more than say, $5 on a lip balm, but this is the best! It smells like lemon poppy seed muffins and not only moisturizes your lips, but also gives a great shine.

Everyone has been raving about the NARS Creamy Concealer and I finally understand why. It's amazing! It covers my under-eye circles and any redness. I haven't tried this on it's own, without foundation, but I'm going to this weekend.

I love my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Amused. But, I was looking for something a little more peachy, rather than straight up pink, and Blissful was the perfect choice. It gives a natural hint of color without being too overpowering, like Amused can sometimes be. I also find that I can be a little bit more heavy handed when applying Blissful than I can with Amused.

I like my brows. They're not Cara Delevigne great, or Lilly Collins enviable, but they're good. I have noticed that they're a little sparse in the front (closest to the nose), so I've been looking for something that I can apply real quick in the mornings to fill in the lighter spots. I didn't know what I wanted last night when we were there, but I am super happy with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe (formerly Ash Blonde). I love the spooley on the end, and the color works great for me.

With some of the points that I've saved up as a Beauty Insider, I got the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish. I haven't given this a go yet, but I'm excited to this weekend. I love these sample sizes for trying out things I'm not sure I'm going to like. 

Not shown is the Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel. This stuff is great for any breakouts. It doesn't dry me out, but it gets rid of the redness and calms blemishes down. I'm going to run out of my current bottle in about a month, so I figured I'd stock up.

Did you pick up anything in the Sephora BI sale? What should I put on my shopping list next time?

Have a great weekend!