Monday, April 21, 2014

What I Wore: Staples

Hi, my name is Natalie and I wear boring clothes. 

After doing all of my laundry this weekend (this feat deserves a round of applause!), I realized that I buy boring clothes. Not that they're boring when you put an outfit together. But I truly believe in the power of wardrobe staples. They make mornings like today, and all other Mondays for that matter, much easier. 

I'm the type of person who pre-plans my outfits in the shower. My mental check list goes something like: "What's clean? What haven't I worn lately? What's the weather going to be like? Anyone to impress today? Do I have time to iron?" And that is how my outfits are born. 

And here are some of my favorite staples:


Black cropped ankle zip skinny pants (the stretchy kind are my fave)
White button down blouse (this one has buttons going down the back too!)
Black flats
Simple jewelry 

I paired this with a pink jacket from H&M to add a pop of color and shield me from the rain. 

What are your wardrobe staples?

Xo,
Natalie