Friday, May 30, 2014

What I Wore: Cold Afternoon and the Perfect Cardigan

I woke up on Wednesday thinking that I could make it through the day without a jacket. The sun was out, the weather app wasn't predicting anything too intense, so I thought I'd brave it and be fine. Well, I was wrong. I went out during lunch and froze. And then on the way home, I realized that if I was going to have to wait for the bus (which I did), that I needed something to keep me warm. So I hopped over to Banana Republic to see if I could find a sweater... and I did. And it's perfect!

 top // The Limited
pants // The Limited
sweater // Banana Republic
shoes // Michael Kors
bag // Michael Kors
necklace // Tiffany's
lipstick // NARS Never Say Never





I don't know about you, but I have a mental list going of different items I know I want to add to my wardrobe, that I'm always on the look-out for. A chunky knit cardigan has been one that I've been after for a really long time. Surprise, surprise when I found it when I wasn't even looking.

Typically I wouldn't buy something like this during the summer, but since it was cold and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it, I decided it was worth the splurge ($100 isn't too bad for something I know I'll get a ton of use out of). I can see wearing this so many different ways, so keep your eyes peeled for this to make more appearances here on Girls&City. 

I started with the basics... very similar to this look and a bright lip (NARS Never Say Never is quickly becoming a favorite). Love how cozy this look is while still being professional enough for me to wear to work.

Mr. was excited for his frozen pizza dinner (I really am a great cook... I promise!)

What are some things that you are constantly on the lookout for?

Till next time,