Monday, June 23, 2014

Girls Night Out - Prosecco

Katie and I very rarely have a true girls night out. Typically we will meet after work for coffee but that's about it. Now that the weather has gotten nicer we decided that a proper night of dinner and drinks was in order. 

We normally order a bottle of Prosecco when we go out so it only made sense to try the namesake restaurant. 


You are greeted with a sip of prosecco and the have the chance to look over their extensive wine list. We settled on a Rose that in my opinion was just okay. 


I had the seafood pasta which was pretty good! It had calamari, mussels, squid, scallops, shrimp. The garlic sauce was lacking but I was still happy with my pick. 


We finished off with raspberry sorbet that was delicious. It was really hot and gross out the day we went so it was nice to cool off with something frozen. 


We ended our night at Stout with some beers and had a nice time. I don't know about you but I have a special place in my heart for bars with good music, good crowds and amazing drinks. Stout ticked all of those boxes for me!

Overall, my opinion of Prosecco was just okay. I thought it was slightly over priced, a bit stuffy and stuck up. Also, the crowd was a lot older than I thought it would be. I'm glad I checked it off my list of restaurants but I'm not sure I'll be back. 

So now we need to find a place to go next. We are going to make girls night a more regular thing now that the weather is nice. Any suggestions?

Till next time,
Natalie