Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July Shenanigans

I had a fabulous holiday weekend and I hope you did too! I took Monday off so I had an extra long weekend which was really quite nice. Here's a look at what I was up to: 


Thursday- Having gotten off of work early Mr. and I stopped for lunch at Chipolte and I got a hair cut. 



Then we headed off to the drive-in in West Chicago. This is one of my favorite summertime activities. I love packing a picnic, sitting under stars and watching 2 good movies. One of the best parts is that you get to see 2 movies for $10 a person. So much better than going to a normal theater! The night we were there, they were playing the new Transformers movie and 22 Jump Street. Both we really good and we had a fantastic time. 





Movies start at sun down and play back to back with a 15 minute intermission. They have a playground for the kids, a grill if you want to bring your own food and a pretty decent concession stand. I suggest bringing bug spray and a blanket (we wished we brought 2). 

Friday- Oh the 4th of July... It's one of Mr.'s favorite holidays, so him and his family go all out. Lots of food, lots of fireworks and a whole ton of fun. 

My sisters joined in for the first time this year and it was great having them there!

Thomas wanted to join in on our very competitive bags tournament. 

Karlie's a diva!

Katherine and I did a pretty good job going head to head! 





I couldn't have asked for a better group to send the weekend with!


He calls these my "bitch" sunglasses. But I think he secretly likes wearing them!


And we arm wrestled. The biggest vs the smallest. Take a guess who won?

Sunday- I love Ravinia. I don't go nearly as much as I'd like to, but it's always a good time when I do. My brother was in town performing at Ravinia so Mr., the girls and I packed a picnic and headed over. We lucked out with the weather, as it was supposed to rain, but didn't. We had a great time eating, drinking and walking around. That and seeing our brother is always nice! It was just the way to end a busy weekend. I had Monday off, but sat around doing not much of anything which was just what the doctor ordered.






I hope you had as great a weekend as I did! It makes me want to have more holiday weekends like this... But then again, I don't really need an excuse to eat, drink and be merry!

Now it's back to the grind of the normal work week... I'm pushing through!

Till next time,
Natalie