Monday, July 21, 2014

Natalie's 10 Must Have Summer Makeup Products

I am not a morning person. At.All. If you try to talk to me before 8:15 a.m. you'll most likely just get a very caveman-esque grunt in response. That being said, I love doing my makeup and getting ready in the morning. I know that it's a solid 20 minutes, at least, that I have to myself where I can relax.


I don't know if it's because it's summer, or I'm getting older (read: lazy), or have found the perfect few, but I've really narrowed down my beauty routine. A few years ago I was all about a smokey eye everyday, all day. And lately I've been of the thought that less is more. Not only does it take me less time, but I also feel a little more refreshed not wearing a ton of products.

Here are the few that have made it onto my face on a daily basis:


  1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation, 150 - Buff
  2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Chantilly
  3. Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow, Virgin
  5. Maybelline, Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner, Blackest Black
  6. Maybelline Waterproof Full 'n Soft Mascara, Very Black
  7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Transparent 
  8. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Blissful 
  9. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, Roman Holiday
  10. Fresh, Sugar Lip Treatment
  11. Because everyone needs an extra - and I don't use this every day: Anastasia Brow Wiz, Taupe



I apply them in that order, so not tutorial needed! There isn't one of these products that I don't love. They're long lasting and good quality, and none of them are outrageously priced. Doing my makeup usually takes between 10-15 minutes, but I really take my time and enjoy the process of getting ready.


What I love most about my makeup is how fresh it looks. None of the products get orange or change colors throughout the day, so I know that I'm going to look mostly the same at the end of the day. My foundation gives me a nice healthy glow without being oily (even though I do use an oil sheet midway through the day).


What are your favorite summer products this year? I'm always looking for more and new suggestions!

Till next time,