Monday, July 28, 2014

What I Wore: Birthday Dinner

I recently rang in my 27th birthday -- probably the first year I've felt a little nostalgic for my youth. I know I'm still (technically) in my mid-20s, but I now feel that I'm on the higher side of my 20s and maybe now is a good time to figure out what I am doing with myself. I mean, a need a solid plan before 30, right? Also, I just bought a convertible. Does that mean I'm having an early mid-life crisis, or a late quarter-life crisis???

Anyways ... Back to what I do know. Clothes.


I celebrated my birthday in the 'Bu at Geoffrey's Malibu where I've rang in my last three birthdays. I wore my favorite Flynn Skye maxi (perfectly Malibu-chic) and a black lace kimono with Chanel red lipstick -- which has been my favorite accessory all summer -- for a pop of color against the black and white patterns.

Here's what I wore:

Dress: Flynn Skye; Kimono: Nordstrom BP.

Hand chain: Nordstrom.

Love the back on this dress. Ignore my slightly imperfect back, though.

The sunset view at Geoffrey's. No place better to spend your birthday. Or any dinner for that matter. 

XOXO,
Katie