Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Natalie's Top 10 Fall Accessories

Fall is my season. If I could live somewhere where the weather was in the 50-60's all year, I probably would. Despite the disgustingly warm weather Chicago has been getting the past week, I'm ready for fall. Pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters, Leaves candles, apple picking... I mean, what beats that? So I thought I would do my first fall must-haves post with accessories. Take a look:


1. Plaid Scarf: I bought this scarf last week and I'm obsessed! I'm really feeling pastel and softer hues for the fall, and this will look great with the wardrobe I'm planning! It's soft and the perfect length - not too short and not too long. This is definitely going to be getting a ton of wear this fall and winter.

2. Classic Watch: I love a good watch, and this Daniel Wellington Classic St Andrews Lady is perfect. I love brown/cognac for fall and this is such a timeless piece. If I don't get around to picking this one up for fall, it's definitely going on my Christmas list. (Am I the only one that's started theirs?)

3. Loafers: I love burgundy and wine colors in the fall. And, I love a comfortable pair of shoes. These TOD's Gommini suede loafers are the perfect combo. I also love them in royal blue. They're a bit of an investment, but I think they're definitely worth it. 

4. Animal Print Flats: While we're on the topic of shoes, I think everyone should own a pair of animal print flats and heels. I love these flats from J.Crew and I love their heel version as well. 

5. Gray Heels: One more pair of shoes... I promise this is the last pair. I have been swooning over the Manolo Blahnik BB Suede shoes for a really long time. And when I found this pair in gray, I almost caved in and bought them. They're pricy, yes. But worth it? Probably! I've recently become kinda obsessed with gray accessories over my typical black. I've come to the realization that it's more universal - goes with navy, black, brown... so I think they're a great accessory to have. Here's a more affordable version from Kenneth Cole New York.

6. Neutral Clutch: Sticking with my love for gray, I have been eyeing this Cuyana Envelope clutch for a while. All of the colors are gorgeous, but I love how neutral the stone option is. 

7. Dainty Necklace: When it comes to jewelry, I'm all about the "less is more" philosophy. When I came across this LUMO petite silver dot necklace, I was hooked. Isn't it gorgeous? And, it's on $35!

8. Cambridge Classic Satchel: Going back to my love for burgundy, I am loving this oxblood Classic Satchel from The Cambridge Satchel Company. I think the color is just beautiful, but let's be honest - that bag would look great in any color. And, love how Rosie styled it below. 

9. All of Essie's Fall Collection: I love a good nail polish and fell in love with Essie's Fall 2014 collection, Dress to Kilt. They're all gorgeous colors and I love Essie's formula. I think my favorites are the red and bottom three. Those may just make their way into my nail polish stash!

10. Pumpkin Spice Latte: I don't know about you, but fall always includes thoughts and dreams about pumpkin spice lattes (they came out yesterday!). Yes, they're not a cheap habit, but they're goood! I can't wait for it to be cool enough in Chicago to warrant getting one - 90 degrees is just too hot for something that fall-esque.

Do you have any fall accessories that I missed? I'll see you tomorrow with an outfit post and on Thursday with my top 10 fall clothing pieces!