Thursday, August 28, 2014

Natalie's Top 10 Fall Wardrobe Essentials

On Tuesday I shared my top 10 fall accessories. I'm back today with my favorite clothing items for fall. Let's jump in!

1. Shirt Dress: I tend to favor separates on a daily basis because of how easy they are to mix and match. But there is something so effortless about putting on a dress. And they're perfect for days when you're running late! I love this black dress from Loft. I bought a similar one that looks like it might be made of a heavier fabric, but this is a great option. I can't wait to wear mine with boots, flats and heels and change it up with different accessories. I think a dress like this should be a staple all year round and I'm so happy I found one that I love.


2. Gray Sweater: I love sweaters and it's not only because my office is always freezing. I kid you not, my space heater is going on full blast, all day, everyday. I found this one on Asos and it arrived last night in the mail, and I love it! I'm going to be living in this once the weather gets a little cooler!


3. Animal Print Jacket: This is a trend that I've seen everywhere so far this fall. Everyone is rocking an animal print jacket, shoes, clutch... Last winter it was all about the pink jacket. I'm calling it - this year will be all about the prints. H&M is one of my favorite places to shop for jackets. I think they're reasonably priced, and I've gotten more wear out of my jackets from there than anywhere else!


4. Flannel shirt: Flannel has a very special place in my heart. And, it always reminds me of fall and cool weather. Katie and I have both talked about our love for plaid, but here is the shirt I'm thinking will be added to my closet this season from Nordstrom. And while this isn't flannel, it has the same vibe without looking too heavy. Love this one too from Zara.


5. Olive green/army green: I'm kinda surprised that this is still around. I don't think this is the most beautiful or flattering color, but I do love an olive green pant or jacket. Here are the pants I'm loving from 7 For All Mankind. I think the zipper detailing is great!


6. Gray Jeans: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think gray jeans are a trend I could get on board with! I was trying on jeans a few weeks ago and the sales person suggested I try them on, and I actually really liked them. They're definitely not something I would normally reach for, but they gave my white t-shirt a hit of sass that I wasn't expecting. Wearing a t-shirt with a normal wash was a little "girl next door," and the gray made them a little more exciting. I didn't get them, but here's a pair I love from Lucky Brand.


7. Stripes: I never met a stripe I didn't like. I mean, really. I just think they're the bee's knees. One place that I always go to for sweaters is Gap and I'm never disappointed. Here's my favorite so far.


8. Circle/Skater Skirt: I don't love pencil skirts... and here's why: As someone who's hips are 2 size bigger than my waist, my pencil skirts never stay in place. The seam or slit in the back always shifts when I walk. And they just never seem to fit right. So the circle skirt is something I can do. Here's a simple option that I think would work for anyone from The Limited.


9. Denim Shirt: I admit, I'm late to jump on this bandwagon. Combing through the racks at TopShop a while ago, I came across this beauty and I love it!


10. Boyfriend Cardigan: I love a good cardigan and own many of them. But in the fall, boyfriend's are my favorite. They're a little baggy and loose so you can layer really well with them. And they just seem a lot more relaxed. This is my favorite so far this fall from Nordstrom. The stripe detailing is probably what I love the most about it. Now, just to find a more affordable option!
'Janika' Cardigan

I hope you've enjoyed part two of my fall favorites. Did I leave out anything that you're lusting over?