Friday, August 1, 2014

What I Wore: Sushi Date

Tolani is my favorite designer of the moment. Her designs are perfect for the summer -- lightweight silk tops and dresses with a bright bold pattern. I love silk dresses, and I don't get to wear them too often, (frankly because I don't trust myself to not sit in something or spill bbq sauce on myself when biting into a chicken sandwich). But a mid-week sushi date was the perfect opportunity.

I highly recommend trying a bright bold patterned dress like this for summer. I think a lot of times girls want to play it safe and choose something black or a solid blue, but a bold dress like this makes a statement that you can't always make. You CAN wear bright bold fabrics even when you aren't vacationing in Cabo. And Tolani is the perfect label for a bright summer frock.

Here's what I wore:

Dress: Tolani; Sunglasses: Ray Ban; Sandals: Tory Burch.

I love the unique back on this dress.

Gorg pattern.

Spicy Tuna Roll at Katsuya Brentwood. Yum.


XOXO,
Katie