Friday, August 15, 2014

What I Wore: Tea TIme

A few times a year my mom and I treat ourselves to afternoon tea. A few days ago we indulged at the Peninsula Hotel Chicago. I wore a bright blue dress by Madewell and paired it with a bright blue crossbody bag from Henri Bendel. Normally I don't match a bag to my outfit. I usually go for something neutral if I am wearing something bright, or something bright for a pop of color if I am wearing something neutral.

But the color of this dress and the Bendel's bag were so close in hue (plus I love the gold accents) I decided to wear them together.

What do you think? Too much blue? Give me your opinions!

Here's what I wore:

Dress: Madewell; Sandals: Sam Edelman; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban.

Love this color blue. So summery and looks great with a tan.

Bag: Bendels; Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Afternoon tea at the Peninsula Chicago -- my favorite place to go for tea.

XOXO,
Katie